I currently offer Personal Styling Services to women and men in NYC and in PHX.
What does a personal stylist do?
A personal stylist will shop for you, so you don’t have to. A personal stylist will find specific items for you, where you may not know where to find them. A personal stylist reworks your wardrobe if you want, to reinvent yourself. A personal stylist gives you style advice and is always honest about what looks good and what fits correctly or doesn’t. A personal stylist is simply the liaison between you and your closet.
Who has a personal stylist?
There are many people who have a personal stylist. Any person that works and doesn’t have time to shop may have a stylist. Any person that wants to have a stylish wardrobe but may not have the knowledge on what is trending, or sizing, or what works for their age or body type may have a stylist. Any person that simply wants someone to shop for them so they don’t have to think about it may have stylist.
Who do we cater to?
Anyone in New York City or Phoenix that doesn’t have time to shop, or anyone that needs help shopping, I can help. I work with most budgets, so just send an email and I’ll see what I can do for you!
Who is the Personal Stylist?
Dakota Jeane Hilton is a 27 year old fashion and vintage clothing obsessed woman living in Brooklyn, NY.
Her professional background is in retail and eCommerce, starting out as an intern at Nicole Miller to shortly becoming the Director of Retail. Later she went to work for DASH, Cynthia Rowley, and Haute Hippie where she gained knowledge on styling, merchandising, pricing, sizing, and trends, among many other things. Through her career she made many contacts in the fashion industry that will be beneficial to any client looking for personal stylist services.
In June of 2015 she decided to start the company she was dreaming of for a long time and launched the vintage website called Frockify. So far the company has been a huge success and continues to be Dakota’s passion.
Dakota has been styling professionally since 2010 and decided to style personal clients in 2015 due to the rising number of amazing ladies who don’t have time to think about what to wear and where to buy it. Styling is a passion Dakota cares deeply about and wants to be there for women who simply don’t have time, or those who might not have that strong fashion eye.
How it works:
1) Email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
– Your full name
– What you are looking for in a stylist (daily wear, events, re-work entire closet, etc.)
– When you are available for your free 1-hour consultation, either in-person or over Skype or FaceTime. Please provide 3 times that work for you. I prefer in-person consultations if possible.
2) We meet for our 1-hour consultation. We discuss what you are looking for, what your style is, how often you will need my services, and a budget. I will need to get to know you and what kind of person you are. We will discuss pricing and amount of time I will work for you, and how special circumstances, like emergencies or last-minute events, will be handled. We keep this casual and fun!
3) We set a schedule based on your needs.
4) I receive payment from you once a month either via venmo or by check. You have a great wardrobe and your own personal stylist!